Colorado Springs Water Damage Restoration
Freeze break season is here and there are a few things that you can do to minimize the potential for a catastrophic event.
The American Red Cross provides information and suggestions around how to prevent water pipes in the home from freezing.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe – even at a trickle – helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Should a freeze break happen it’s crucial to quickly find a reputable Water Damage Restoration company. If in the unfortunate event you find yourself needing help with a freeze break give SERVPRO of South Colorado Springs a call at 719-434-4626 and don’t forget to tell them the Marketing Team sent you. www.SERVPROnortherncoloradospringstri-lakes.com