Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage to your property can be incredibly stressful. That's why at SERVPRO of Northern Colorado Springs we always suggest giving us a call ((719) 434-4626) as soon as possible after water damage occurs. When we receive your call, we're able to begin the water damage process steps to get your home or business back to pre-water damage condition. Of course, you should always put your safety and the safety of your family and those around you before anything else. After you access that everyone is safe, you can focus on if the structure is still safe to remain in. Electrical hazards can be one of the largest concerns that you face after water damage. Having a professional onsite is of utmost importance for your safety and to ensure that there is no further damage to your home or office.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (719) 434-4626
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.